James D. Young
Though born in Boston, James was raised and educated in Florida. After a successful career as Special Counsel to the Florida Attorney General’s office, James joined the firm’s complex litigation unit focusing on qui tam whistleblower cases nationwide. James has broad experience and is nationally known in the areas of consumer protection, health fraud, and pharmaceutical litigation. He has served in leadership positions in numerous multistate Attorney General investigations including starting and co-leading the largest consumer protection drug settlement to date, In Re Risperdal. He was appointed co-lead of the government plaintiffs group in the Vioxx Multi-District Litigation and served as lead of several litigation subcommittees.
In addition to his responsibilities as an attorney, James is a regular contributor to the Morgan & Morgan Complex Litigation Group’s whistleblower blog.
- 2 General Credits
LawProCLE will seek approval of any CLE program where the registering attorney is primarily licensed with exceptions stated below. Application is made at the time an attorney registers for a course, therefore approval may not be received at the time of broadcasting.
LawProCLE does not seek approval in the state of Virginia.
Each state has its own governing rules and regulations with regards to CLE courses and formats, therefore please contact your state MCLE regulatory entity for further details about your state's rules. Please visit our State Requirements page for information regarding your state's CLE requirements and/or contact information for your state bar.
As stated in our Reciprocity Provision, LawProCLE will grant credit in the following states through reciprocity, therefore direct application will not be made in these states:
AK, AR, CO, FL, ME, MT, ND, NH, NJ, NY, and PR.
LawProCLE is dedicated to providing quality education from expert speakers and ensuring each attorney receives CLE credit for their participation. If for some reason a particular course does not receive approval in the attorney's primary state of licensure, LawProCLE will give credit for a future approved course or give a full refund, if applicable.
Each On-Demand course is available to you for 1 year from date of purchase. Additionally, CLE credit is only available within that year.
- The background and history of these laws
- The situations that lead someone to become a whistleblower.
- The different types of cases that can be brought, how they are built and what the process looks like from an insider’s perspective
- The investigative techniques used by private litigants and the government alike to uncover and support fraud allegations
- The type of defenses that have evolved over time to get around these allegations.
- The eventual resolution of these claims including odd timing, complex releases, multiparty mediations, attorney fees and realtor share determinations